Monday, July 19, 2010

bright eyes

one of my favorite bands is bright eyes aka connor oberst. he is one of the best songwriters that has ever lived. take a second and enjoy some of the lines he has written..

“I know a girl who cries when she practices violin because each note sounds so pure it just cuts into her, and then the melody comes pouring out her eyes. Now, to me, everything else just sounds like a lie.”

But these are days we dream about, when the sunlight paints us gold
And this apartment could not be prettier as we danced up there alone”

“If the world could remain within a frame like a painting on the wall, I think we'd see the beauty then and stand staring in awe.”

I've cried, and you'd think I'd be better for it, but the sadness just sleeps, and it stays in my spine the rest of my life

“I’m happy just because I found out I am really no one.”

So you can try and live in darkness
but you will never shake the light.
It will greet you every morning and make you more aware with its absence at night

I never thought of running, my feet just led the way

We're all a little broken. We're all a little twisted. We're all less than we could be or want to be.

connor oberst.

No comments:

Post a Comment